The North Simcoe Tourism Board (NST) is seeking an energetic and professional individual to work toward making the “Heart of Georgian Bay” a recognized destination to visit and stay.
This salaried position, reporting directly to the Chairman, will support initiatives that further the mission of NST. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with various stakeholder organizations; coordinating communications, website updating, initiating and preparing marketing materials, setting up special events and coordinating partnerships with local businesses and governmental organizations in funding and executing marketing projects. You will also positively impact local tourism businesses through effective tourism development, relationship and support activities.
A full job description is available. The ideal candidate will possess:
- Superior knowledge of corporate communications – minimum of 2 years related experience
- Working knowledge from a business and or community tourism environment
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Tourism, marketing, public relations or related discipline
- Proficient oral and written communications skills
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Professional, Web Publishing Software, Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as social media platforms
- Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively meet multiple deadlines
- Budgeting and financial management reporting skills
- Project management an/or event management experience
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for business travel is required
- Flexibility to work occasional weekends to promote and participate in marketing and outreach activities
Full time contract to December 31st, 2018; with good possibility of extension.
Salary rate ($40K to $45K per annum) commensurate with skills and experience.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume by January 31st, 2018, 4:00 p.m., or until successfully filled, by email to: email@example.com or by mail indicating “confidential” to North Simcoe Tourism – c/o Sharon Vegh, EDCNS, 105 Fourth Street, PO Box 8, Midland ON L4R 4K6.
Applications will be reviewed as received.