Agri-Tourism Sector Research – Summer Student
Economic Development Corporation of North Simcoe (EDCNS)
$15.00 per hour – Temporary
Are you a student with interest in working in the fascinating field of economic development, with emphasis on our agri-tourism pillar, this summer? The Economic Development Corporation of North Simcoe (supported by four municipalities: Midland, Penetanguishene, Tay, Tiny) has a temporary position available for up to 15 weeks to fill the role of Agri-Tourism Sector Research Assistant. You must meet the criteria of the Canada Summer Jobs Program.
Reporting to the Director, Economic Development, the successful candidate will support the activities and initiatives identified in the Corporation’s Economic Development Work Plan.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the development of analytical methods and evaluation techniques.
- Contribute to the collection and completion of data analysis.
- Assist with field support for research and business development programs.
- Analyze cluster development for Agri-Tourism.
- Attend community meetings and events as required.
- Participate in other projects as identified by the Economic Development Director.
- Maintain confidentiality of documentation and discussions undertaken during the course of duties.
The preferred candidate will have excellent grammar, attention to detail, an interest in research and good knowledge of the Microsoft Office product suite. Students in the STEM program will be given preference in accordance with the Canada Summer Jobs program criteria.
Employment is expected to commence April 23, 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter. Candidates must be returning to full-time studies in the fall in accordance with the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Rate of pay is $15.00 per hour based on a 30-hour work week.
Send your completed application and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is noon, Monday, April 9, 2018. We thank all applicants who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $15.00 /hour