The Economic Development Corporation of North Simcoe (EDCNS) is hiring for a MANAGER OF TOURISM for the HEART OF GEORGIAN BAY.
Located in the “Heart of Georgian Bay,” the Economic Development Corporation of North Simcoe (EDCNS) is a non-profit agency reporting to a Board of Directors and financially supported by the municipalities of Midland, Penetanguishene, Tay and Tiny.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional for the position of Manager of Tourism. This person will possess the knowledge, skills and abilities to develop the “Heart of Georgian Bay” as a recognized destination to visit and stay.
This salaried position, reporting directly to the EDCNS Board of Directors through the EDCNS Tourism Committee, will support initiatives that advance tourism within the Heart of Georgian Bay. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with stakeholder organizations, coordinating communications, updating the website, initiating and preparing marketing materials, setting up special events and leading partnerships with local businesses and governmental organizations by obtaining funding and executing marketing projects. You will also positively impact local tourism businesses through effective tourism development, relationship and support activities. The successful applicant will serve as the official spokesperson for the Heart of Georgian Bay.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will possess:
● Superior knowledge of corporate communications – a minimum of 3 years related experience
● Working knowledge from a business and community tourism environment
● A post-secondary degree or diploma in Tourism, marketing, public relations or related discipline, or a combination of equivalent experience
● Proficient oral and written communications skills
● Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Web Publishing Software, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and GSuite Tools as well as social media platforms
● Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively meet multiple deadlines
● Budgeting and financial management reporting skills
● Project management and event management experience are assets
● A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for business travel is required
● Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends to promote and participate in marketing and outreach activities
Interested and qualified candidates should email their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail indicating “confidential” to; Heart of Georgian Bay – ATTN: Human Resources, 105 Fourth Street, PO Box 8, Midland, Ontario On L4R 4K6 by 4:00 PM on March 19, 2021.
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
Salary: Up to $64,000.00 per year to commensurate with education and experience.
We thank all applicants; however, we will only contact those considered for an interview. We are unable to respond to telephone calls. Personal information is collected according to The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to select the candidate. Please direct any questions about this collection to Human Resources at email@example.com.