The Power of Four
The Economic Development Corporation of North Simcoe (EDCNS) is a non-profit organization incorporated by the Town of Midland, the Town of Penetanguishene, the Township of Tay and the Township of Tiny for the purpose of collaboratively promoting the economic health and prosperity of North Simcoe.
What We Do
- We improve the well-being of North Simcoe residents by creating economic growth through market productivity and rise in Gross Domestic Product (GDP)
- We support prosperity creation of our four municipalities:
Midland | Penetanguishene | Tay | Tiny
- We conduct Business Retention and Expansion (BR+E)
- We market our assets and communicate through multiple channels
- We engage in investment attraction
- We support funding and grant applications for our business community
- We liaise with business, investors and partners including the County of Simcoe
The four North Simcoe municipalities collaborate to promote and foster sustainable economic growth.
To be the choice destination for thriving innovative business and four-season lifestyle.
Aims and Objectives
- Provide a means for cooperative participation of local government and business development groups to design and implement measures that will stimulate the local economy;
- Develop and implement strategies and measures that provide programs and services for the purpose of broadening the employment base in North Simcoe;
- Support the creation, expansion and attraction of local businesses in North Simcoe;
- Examine the impact of economic, industrial and labour market changes on the economy and update economic development strategies as needed to address problems identified;
- Undertake measures to ensure the long-term sustainability of EDCNS; and
- Any other complementary purposes consistent with the objectives of EDCNS.