Sweetwater Harvest Festival
Relax and enjoy the pleasures of a simpler time at the Wye Marsh Sweetwater Harvest Festival: taste, smell, and learn all about traditional maple syrup. Delight in the mouth-watering aromas of maple sap boiling and bannock cooking over an open wood fire as the sounds and smells of maple syrup preparation drift through the Marsh’s maple sugar bush.
Maple syrup has been produced and enjoyed for centuries by native peoples, pioneers and is still popular today, with Canada being the world’s largest producer. The annual Sweetwater Harvest Festival at the Wye Marsh is one of the top maple syrup events in Canada and will entertain, educate, and engage people of all ages.
The wide variety of activities being held throughout the day are sure to put a smile on everyone’s face:
- Sugar shack demonstrations
- Pioneer games
- Maple kids’ zone
- Guided interpretive hikes
- Artisan vendors and local environmental groups in the Display Hall
- Visit the Birds of Prey Field
- Hike the trails and experience the sights and sounds of spring! Trails are open from 9:00am – 4:00pm
Please note that due to COVID-19, Sweetwater Harvest Festival may look different this year. For 2022, there will be no pancake breakfast, horse & cart rides or food carts.