EDCNS is looking for a fun-loving post-secondary student to assist in the promotion of tourism attractions and activities within the Heart of Georgian Bay. You will be required to act as an ambassador for the region; attend festivals and events to collect survey data, maintain social media channels and website content, create a monthly e-newsletters, and assist with office work and other marketing projects/programs.
Who can apply?
- Be enrolled full-time at college or university (minimum 3 courses)
- Have completed at least one year of college or university by the job start date
- Have intention to continue his/her education in the fall of 2020
- Distribute and track the distribution of visitor guides and maps
- Update Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter daily and monitor engagements
- Maintain the organization’s website
- Maintain existing business listings and add new tourism businesses
- Write and/or publish event listings
- Write and publish a weekly blog
- Upload new photos to the Photo Gallery
- Write and publish monthly e-newsletters using Mail Chimp
- Assist Tourism Coordinator in planning and implementing marketing projects
- Offer and coordinate scheduling of in-house mini-photo shoots for tourism businesses; enhance photos using Adobe Suite, label and catalogue inventory
- Attend festivals and events with Tourism Coordinator or Board members, to assist with visitor surveys and/or handing out promotional materials
- Attend meetings, conferences and/or events on behalf of North Simcoe Tourism
- Assist with office duties, as assigned, using GSuite and internet applications
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of tourism products and services within North Simcoe
- Knowledge of marketing and communications practices
- Enrolled in a post-secondary program for travel and tourism or marketing preferred
- Superb written and interpersonal skills, and professional personality
- Strong videography and photography skills
- Strong computer skills or willingness to learn new software, including website editing, Adobe Suite, MailChimp, Google Drive, and social media platforms
- Knowledge of survey delivery and analysis using Survey Monkey
- Personable, positive and enthusiastic nature
- Valid Driver’s License and access to transportation is essential
- Bilingual in both French/English is an asset
Please submit your cover letter and resume to
Melissa Elsdon – Heart of Georgian Bay Tourism Coordinator
via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than 4pm EST on Friday March 27, 2020.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click HERE for a printable version of the posting.